After a couple of shows where we’ve expressed our displeasure with some aspects of Halo 4, I thought it only fitting that we had a show that discusses things we LIKE about the Halo 4. I’m joined by my co-hosts, Zach and Martin for this one.
Have a listen here.
Or right click/download here.
In this episode you’ll here about the following (with links to certain topics if you want to follow along that way as well):
The Week in Halo
• McFarlane reveals the Halo 4 Master Chief Statue will go on sale December 6. http://halofanforlife.com/?p=11095 ; http://halofanforlife.com/?p=11141
• Halo Initiation #3 is out. Last in the 3 part mini-series leading up to Spartan Assault. http://halofanforlife.com/?p=11101
• Halo Bulletin: http://halofanforlife.com/?p=11108
– Majestic is no longer needed for Team Slayer!
-Oddball replaces King of the Hill. Has ‘Stickyball’ variant gametype sticky det/sticky nades
-Team Throwdown gets the v5 settings (give list of gametypes/maps)
-Interview with Ghostayame
– Screenshot Spotlight – Forge I like “Jurassic Park 4 Rampage”, Pillar of Autumn, Risen
• New York Comicon has Halo presence. Frank O’Conner signs Mega Bloks Mammoth poster Panel discussions, giveaways
• AGL switches to Halo 3 for their next tournament: http://halofanforlife.com/?p=11169
Blog specific news:
• Various Halo Artwork shown on blog and put on HFFL’s Pinterest page. Specifically a great vertical timeline: http://halofanforlife.com/?p=11132
• Color me this: Halo Initiation #1 variant artwork. Several blog posts showing the original black and white art, the artists final render and my progression of the piece.
• Upcoming multi/simulcast with PGCR (Post Game Carnage Report) Various Halo community people as panel of guests. Expected to be a LONG podcast. 3-4 hours.
What is good in Halo 4?
Campaign – Good story. Nice graphics, great sound.
Multiplayer – Lots of maps within the first 6 months of release.
Spartan Ops – A great additional campaign as seen through your multiplayer spartan’s eyes. 15 maps over the course of all 10 episodes.
Forge – Magnets, three “forge” maps
Halo 3 for FREE
Finally the game we’ve been waiting for to be free is available. Mythic Maps not downloaded? Is this an issue with anyone else? E-mail me!
When I first started this up earlier today, I immediately felt a rush. Call it nostalgia if you want. All I know is that it felt good. Like I was ‘back home’ again. While I thoroughly enjoyed ODST and Reach, Halo 3 for me was the BEST of all the Halo games to date. I’m going to spend some hours playing the campaign again AND taking screenshots in theater.