Hot off the press (so to speak)!!!
Oh and before you get started reading…you might want to have a seat before you faint from GREATNESS!
Since Halo: Combat Evolved launched in 2001, Halo has grown from a video game to a more than $5 billion franchise that encompasses New York Times best-selling novels, multiple live-action digital series and consumer products. The latter – including a dizzying array of toys – have generated more than $1.5 billion and include action figures, weapon replicas, clothing and much, much more.
343 Industries has and continues to be focused on making Halo toys fun, accessible and appealing to everyone – collectors, hardcore Halo fans and franchise newcomers alike. With that vision in mind, the studio behind one of the most successful franchises in gaming history have signed a master licensing agreement with one of the largest toy manufactures in the world: Mattel.
“The success we’ve seen with the Halo MEGA Bloks franchise over the years laid the foundation for this partnership,” said Bonnie Ross, Microsoft Corporate Vice President and Head of 343 Industries. “We’re excited to work with Mattel to bring innovative, quality and, most of all, fun products to old and new Halo fans alike.”
HFFL: Indeed Bonnie. I’ve been there from the start, collecting Halo Mega Bloks. They were and still continue to be an awesome brand of Halo Toys!
Partnering with Mattel not only expands visibility for Halo products in retailers worldwide, it unifies the design, development and creative vision of an important branch of Halo consumer products. The collaboration has already opened up new avenues for creativity, as two BOOMCo.-inspired weapons – the Assault Rifle Blaster and Magnum Blaster – recently made their way into Infinity’s Armory, the latest content update for Halo 5: Guardians.
HFFL: It really was only a matter of time before this came to pass. Mattel will definitely give more exposure to Halo. For one, we’ve already seen more commercials of Halo Mega Bloks in the last year than we have pretty much it’s entire first 5 years. Not to mention Mattel has more leveraging power to put more Halo toys on shelves!
“We’re excited to expand our relationship with Halo and 343 Industries to create and collaborate on a broad range of multi-category toys and collectibles,” said Joe Lawandus, SVP of Design and Marketing, Toy Box at Mattel. “From MEGA Bloks to blasters, action figures to radio controlled vehicles, our new line for 2016 features something for Halo fans everywhere.”
The Halo MEGA line will be on display at New York Toy Fair this weekend, and the full Mattel line of Halo products will also be available for viewing at Mattel’s Collector’s Night on Sunday. Products available this fall include:
- Halo Mega BloksDual Mode UNSC Warthog (SRP: $29.99) – Twice the firepower makes for twice the ride. This buildable ground vehicle comes ready to deal out double the devastation, with a dual-mode capability that lets you switch between either a Gauss Cannon or Rocket Launcher as your turret-mounted weapon.
- Halo Mega Bloks Heroes Asst. II (SRP: $4.99) – Legendary Spartans assemble with Halo Heroes Assortment by Halo Mega Bloks that includes Sgt. Forge, Spartan DeMarco, ODST Romeo, and the multiplayer armors: Spartan Scout, Spartan Oceanic, and Spartan Gungnir. Packed with additional detail and iconic weapons, each of these highly collectible heroes comes with detachable armor and can be posed on a deluxe buildable display stand.
HFFL: YES! We are finally getting Romeo! That completes the squad from Halo 3 ODST. Forge!!! Oh and getting DeMarco almost assures us that we will get the rest of Fireteam Majestic as we got Thorne in series 1 of Halo Heroes.
- Halo Mega Bloks Fireteam Asst. (SRP: $15.99) – Assemble your forces and prepare your troops for battle with the Fireteam Assortment by Halo Mega Bloks. Employed by the UNSC and Covenant alike, small units of highly-trained soldiers are used for tactical expertise and flexibility during combat operations.
- Halo Mega Bloks UNSC Vehicle (SRP: $69.99) – Batten down the hatches with this new UNSC vehicle by Halo Mega Bloks. Rigged with ironclad defenses, this buildable, eight-wheeled artillery tank comes fully loaded with a massive, pivoting cannon. Build the vehicle, and brace your Spartan for an attack from the approaching Covenant Brutes.
HFFL: This is that awesome looking vehicle at the start of this article. Given that there are Brutes with this set, I think it’s fairly safe to say this is coming from Halo Wars 2!!
- BoomCo. Halo UNSC MA5 Blaster (SRP: $49.99) – One of the most iconic, go-to weapons of choice for the Master Chief. Includes true-to-game features – rapid-fire action, interchangeable clips and extra QwikClip storage in stock. Its size, speed and QwikClip compatibility make it a must-have item.
- BoomCo. Halo Brute Spiker (SRP: $19.99) – Featured in the upcoming Halo Wars 2 and includes the QwikClip system, designed not to jam, for quick-fire action and rapid reloads. Comes with authentic, intimidating Brute Spiker blades and includes 6-dart QwikClip and 6 darts.
HFFL: I already own the BoomCo Needler, Magnum and Plasma Pistol. I will most definitely be getting the AR and Brute Spiker. Man, who would have thought we’d get a Spiker? I’m SO excited for that weapon!!!
- Halo Warthog + 12” Master Chief (SRP: $49.99) – Step into the Halo universe with the Warthog deluxe vehicle and figure. Recreate epic missions with the UNSC’s premier ground transportation vehicle in epic scale, complete with a rotating weapon turret to fit your favorite Spartan or Covenant figures. Includes fully articulated, removable 12” Master Chief figure.
HFFL: Ah yeah!!! Master Chief in 12 inch goodness!! AND a Warthog to scale? That is going to be MASSIVE!
- Halo 6″ Figure Assortment (SRP: $19.99) –All new 6” collectible action figures series brings the Halo universe to life! More than 30 points of articulation in a highly poseable form. Each figure includes mix-and-match armor suit and 1-2 iconic, interchangeable weapons so you can customize your figure for battle.
HFFL: I almost fainted on this one folks….Gone is McFarlane Toys license for Halo figures. To be honest, they were really dragging their heals for the past 3 years. From the pic below, it looks like we won’t see much if any drop in quality, not to mention get MORE points of articulation than McF figs ever gave us.
- Halo Ghost Vehicle + 6” Figure (SRP: $29.99) – Step into the Halo universe with the Ghost vehicle and 6” Elite Officer figure. Includes highly detailed 6” figure with removable armor and weapon.
- Halo 12″ Figure Assortment (SRP: $9.99) – Step into the Halo action with the all new Halo 12” figure assortment. Each figure stands 12” tall and includes 15 points of articulation. Figures include one iconic, interchangeable weapon that can store on back of figure and authentic, game-inspired design based on characters from the Halo universe.
HFFL: And now a dedicated 12 inch series of figures too???? AWESOME! McFarlane only ever made 3 versions of 12 inch figures. They were all the same mold (Master Chief) and came in MC Green, Blue and Brown. (Brown??) Honestly, I’m ECSTATIC that Mattel now has the figure license!!
- Tyco Halo Warthog ONI Anti-Tank Radio Control Vehicle (SRP: $49.99) – The deluxe Warthog ONI Anti-tank Radio Control vehicle is fully functional with forward/backward and right/left steering and missile firing capabilities.
HFFL: Yeah! Another RC vehicle I can scare the hell out of the dog with! LOL
- Tyco Halo Warthog Light Reconnaissance Radio Control Vehicle (SRP: $29.99) – The Warthog Light Reconnaissance Radio Control vehicle is fully functional with forward/backward and right/left steering capabilities.
- Halo Energy Sword (SRP: $49.99) – LFX and motion-activated SFX deliver life-like Halo experience, includes “Try Me” feature. Recreate epic Covenant vs. Spartan battles with Halo-inspired Covenant deco and design.
HFFL: WHA???????? YES!!!!! Looks like Mattel has picked up on the popularity of prop weapons. I will jump for joy at getting this. Okay, not a very high jump, but a jump none-the-less!
- Tyco Halo Radio Control Vehicle *product title pending* (SRP: $29.99) – All new Halo Radio Control vehicle is fully functional with forward/backward and right/left steering capabilities.
HFFL: I don’t know about you folks, but this has made not just my day or week or even month, but my YEAR! What and AWESOME time to be a Halo fan and collector on top of that!!!