Mega Construx Spartan JFO Armor Pack
Build Time: 1 minute to sort pieces, 1 minute to build
Set Piece Count: 33
Minifigures: JFO Spartan
Weapons: Assault Rifle
Accessories: figure stand, additional standard torso armor, additional shoulder armor, EVA Helmet, Scout Helmet
Special Features: Armor locker opens/closes
Cost: $7 US Mass Retail.
And on with the pics! (Click pics to make BIGGER)
There is virtually no build time here as it’s just assembling the locker and adding in whatever armor you choose to not use on the figure. For simplicity sake, I’ve show the pegs, those inserted into their holes and then the armor from the tray into the locker itself.
Summary: A nice little armor set. I do like that the armor lockers are color coded. If you store the extra armor in there, the color helps to indicate which armor you’ve stored. No build time really here. Good little assortment of armor.
Overall Rating: I give this set 9 out of 10 medals.
Why did I give it a 9 out of 10?
• You get two additional sets of shoulder armor, but only one additional torso armor. I know the locker is only made for one extra torso armor. Still, I’d like to see an extra one put into future armor locker sets. Perhaps instead of the extra torso armor an extra set of different lower legs?
It’s just lacking a little something. That’s why I give it a 9 instead of a ten.
Here’s my opinion on the break down of the value of this set. (In US dollars)
• The figure with a weapon and the stand is worth $3.50.
• The locker with pegs are worth $1.50 due to size and shape.
• Each extra helmet I value at 50 cents for a total of $1
• Each shoulder armor piece I place at 25 cents each for a total of 50 cents.
TOTAL: $6.50 (before tax and in U.S. dollars)
Given that the set costs $7 US before tax, I find this set just slightly under value. Again, were Mega to add in an extra Torso or different set of lower legs, then the value would indeed be $7 and right on par for the price.
Do I recommend it? YES! This is a quick way to get additional armor if you like to swap armor parts with other spartans in your collection.
If you have any questions about this set that I didn’t cover in the review, please do not hesitate to ask me. Either reply below or e-mail me at email@example.com.
If this review gives you an informed decision on whether to purchase the toy or not, please consider a small donation (50 cents) to the blog.You can donate via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or just click the paypal link at the right on the main page of the site. It’s much appreciated and helps ensure that HFFL stays registered/active on the internet. Thank You.